Build Your Career with The Wittern Group
At The Wittern Group, you will be working alongside top talent with exceptional learning opportunities as a part of one of Iowa’s premier companies. As a third generation, family-owned business, we believe our employees are a part of our extended Wittern family and value the diverse backgrounds, talents and perspectives of our employees.
At The Wittern Group, your new career will get the best of both worlds: an entrepreneur’s mindset plus reach and resources. Our collaborative culture and worldwide presence generate a stream of new opportunities to define the future and propel your life’s work. Bring your unique perspective. Bring curiosity. Bring ingenuity, and drive. We will give you a platform to be daring on a global scale.
From empowering mentorships to customized coaching, The Wittern Group provides you with support to help you develop your career. You will work with people from diverse backgrounds to solve important problems. Are you ready to grow?
Seeing people grow is one of the most rewarding things. I enjoy seeing our team members taking on more responsibility, setting their own goals and realizing what is important to them. This happens at The Wittern Group, every day.
Heidi Chico, CEO
Positions Available at The Wittern Group
Fawn Manufacturing is looking for Production employees to start immediately. All positions start at $10/hour until probation is completed where there is a potential of anywhere between $11 and $14!!!
Mig Welders – 1st and 2nd Shift
Press Operators- 1st and 2nd Shift
Assemblers – 1st Shift
Inspectors – 1st and 2nd Shift
Must be able to lift up to 50-75 lbs., physically able to stand for 8 hours. Bend, twist, grasp, have the ability to grip sheet metal, pick/pack or assemble parts. Must be punctual and have a good attendance record. Must be able to pass a basic skills test that includes reading measurements, adding, subtracting, and putting things in order. High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Apply by clicking on the link below:
As a Service Technician, you will be a part of a team that assists customers with vending machine issues remotely by phone. You will utilize company databases and documentation to diagnose customer issues, and provide solutions. In the event that you are unable to resolve the customer's issue over the phone, you will create a work order and dispatch a field technician to assist them on site.
- Proven customer service experience
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Experience reading blueprints and repair manuals
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications
- Technical degree or certification preferred
- Monitor the phone queue, accepting customer calls when available
- Create work orders and document all incoming calls
- Diagnose vending equipment failures
- Provide solutions to customer complaints and/or issues
Post offer physical and drug test required
POSITION TITLE: Senior Software Engineer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director Electrical Engineering
The Senior Software Engineer will lead and drive all aspects of the server side of our web applications.
This person must be current with respect to back/front-end full stack development.
The Senior Software Engineer must have excellent programming skills and a passion for specifying/architecting/developing applications or improving existing ones.
This person will be a member of a high impact engineering team focused on ensuring system consistency and improving user experience.
The Senior Software engineer will specify, develop and maintain functional and stable web applications.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, specifying, coding and debugging.
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Review code for security vulnerabilities and embed/improve security threat modelling.
- Run website penetration tests with tools such as OWASP ZAP.
- Perform UI tests to optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications.
- Manage SQL Server databases from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Liaise with both internal and external developers.
- Work with engineering, sales and marketing to identify/specify new features
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, hear, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, push, pull, feel and grasp with hands and arms.
- The employee must exert up to 5 pounds of force occasionally and/or a light amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include concentrated attention, close vision, far vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to bring object into sharp focus.
Working Conditions: Working conditions commonly associated with the performance of the Functions of this job.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Education: BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Citizenship: Must be a Green Card holder or U.S. citizen.
- Minimum 5 years’ total experience in progressively responsible positions in the field of specialty.
- Proven work experience as a Back-end developer
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (Requirements specification, design, development and deployment)
- Hands on experience with programming languages like C, C++, .NET, C# and Python
- Working knowledge of Version Control (SVN and VSS)
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Experience working with other engineers to define constraints and requirements.
- Professional and organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization and externally (ie. customers, suppliers, auditors, etc.) through good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi task and manage a variety of assigned projects.
- Team building skills and the ability to foster an environment of cooperation and teamwork.
- Ability to effectively and appropriately delegate workload.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, direct the tasks of subordinates, and achieve objectives with minimal supervision.
- Propensity to listen and approach new ideas and challenges with an open mind and evaluate situations on the merit of fact and data.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids that may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
Computer, Microsoft Office Suite, Calculator, Telephone, Fax, Scanners, printers
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: None
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
"Commonly associated" is not intended to mean always or only. There are different experiences that suggest other
The Wittern Group is seeking a qualified Sales Support Technician. A Sales Support Technician will play a fundamental role in assisting sales team members in creating and validating custom vending equipment. You must be comfortable working with team members, key manufacturing members, and third-party members of the organization. You will need to have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Work with Sales Team Members to develop incoming Customer Product databases
- Test and Manage customer supplied product, and enter details into product database
- Work with Engineering to produce final production documents
- Complete final evaluation of product and if needed, connect to cloud management system
- Understand various vending equipment and services
- Proficient Microsoft office related tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Post offer physical and drug test required
The Wittern Group is seeking a Quality Technician that will audit and inspect products and processes to assess compliance to established requirements with focus on sheet metal fabrication, welding, and powder coating processes. Report results of those audits and inspections in order to drive continual improvement. Maintain control of acceptance criteria, documentation, and records.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to use gages (i.e. calipers, micrometers, specific test equipment, etc.).
- Proficient in basic computer skills and program usage (i.e. Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving and math skills.
- Prefer 2-year degree or equivalent (High School education required).
- Previous quality, manufacturing, or engineering experience preferred, specifically with sheet metal fabrication and welding - powder coating a plus.
- Ability to multi task and adapt to a variety of assignments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect/audit incoming materials and components for compliance to specified requirements.
- Measure and evaluate materials, components, and products utilizing designated gaging methods.
- Document the results of inspections and audits.
- Quarantine nonconforming product as appropriate.
- Prepare rejected supplier components for return to supplier facility.
- Perform process audits to assess compliance to specified requirements.
- Collect process and product data to support continual improvement efforts.
- Coordinate and/or perform product and inventory sorting and/or rework as, necessary.
- Aid in the preparation of work instructions, forms, or other documentation, as assigned.
- Promote the understanding of quality related tools and information through knowledge communication and guidance to other employees.
- Perform other support functions as necessary or as assigned.
Please send letter of interest and resume to:
The Wittern Group
Human Resources – MSF
8040 University Blvd. Clive, Iowa 50325
We require a pre-employment physical and drug screen.