Build Your Career with The Wittern Group
At The Wittern Group, you will be working alongside top talent with exceptional learning opportunities as a part of one of Iowa’s premier companies. As a third generation, family-owned business, we believe our employees are a part of our extended Wittern family and value the diverse backgrounds, talents and perspectives of our employees.
At The Wittern Group, your new career will get the best of both worlds: an entrepreneur’s mindset plus reach and resources. Our collaborative culture and worldwide presence generate a stream of new opportunities to define the future and propel your life’s work. Bring your unique perspective. Bring curiosity. Bring ingenuity, and drive. We will give you a platform to be daring on a global scale.
From empowering mentorships to customized coaching, The Wittern Group provides you with support to help you develop your career. You will work with people from diverse backgrounds to solve important problems. Are you ready to grow?
Seeing people grow is one of the most rewarding things. I enjoy seeing our team members taking on more responsibility, setting their own goals and realizing what is important to them. This happens at The Wittern Group, every day.
Heidi Chico, CEO
Positions Available at The Wittern Group
Fawn Manufacturing is looking for Production employees to start immediately. All positions start at $10/hour until probation is completed where there is a potential of anywhere between $11 and $14!!!
Mig Welders – 1st and 2nd Shift
Press Operators- 1st and 2nd Shift
Assemblers – 1st Shift
Inspectors – 1st and 2nd Shift
Must be able to lift up to 50-75 lbs., physically able to stand for 8 hours. Bend, twist, grasp, have the ability to grip sheet metal, pick/pack or assemble parts. Must be punctual and have a good attendance record. Must be able to pass a basic skills test that includes reading measurements, adding, subtracting, and putting things in order. High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Apply by clicking on the link below:
The Software Developer will be responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. The candidate should also be comfortable with the level of accountability that comes through job autonomy. The Software Developer will work directly with and report to the Director, Information Technology.
- Website Development & Management
- Manage Front-End Development - Design and build the front end of WordPress websites (HTML, CSS), including designing layouts and adding content. Deep understanding of UI and UX to improve user experience by making the site more visually appealing and user-friendly. Designs and implements new features and functionality.
- Manage Back-End Development - Server-side development to control how the sites work and encompasses changes and updates. Manages databases and servers, and is responsible for structure, security, and content management. Ability to write code in languages like PHP or .NET, that are compatible with databases. Establishes and guides a website’s architecture.
- Generate Plug-Ins and Themes - Work with code to create and implement themes and plug-ins them. Formulates an effective, responsive design and turns it into a working theme and plugin.
- Performance Monitoring - Monitor WordPress web applications to make sure they are online, working correctly, and loading quickly. Respond to error codes and troubleshoot problems. Ensure high-performance and availability, and manage all technical aspects of the CMS.
- Participate in Meetings help conceptualize ideas to help bring visions into reality.
- Support the CMO and Director, Information Technology in daily administrative tasks as required
- Extensive Database design and Application programming project experience required
Education, Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field (computer programming or a similar field) and two (4) or more year(s) experience in C#, Visual Basic, database management, web design, and networking (preferred) OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply by clicking on the link below:
The Supply Chain Manager will be tasked with bringing together strong, collaborative people in a dynamic culture of mutual respect, support, and passion for the vending machine industry.
- 5-10 years’ experience in vendor management preferably in a mechanical vending machine business or similar industry
- ERP experience, INFOR and BPix preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Graduate degree a plus.
- STRONG negotiating skill, international negotiating a plus.
- Decision Making-Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others
- Results Driven-Ability to manage multiple projects and activities.
- Attention to detail, highly organized and deadline-focused.
- Process oriented and ability to contribute to continuous improvement
- Ability to quickly analyze, identify and implement opportunities and company initiatives for improvement and revenue growth.
- Ability to lead change.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a collaborative global team. Take action and get results.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skillset all levels of the organization (Clients, Senior Leadership, Account Management, Sales, Operations, Manufacturing, and Engineering)
- Ability to respond resourcefully and constructively to new demands, priorities and challenges. Know when to escalate.
- Strong influencing, negotiation, coaching, analytical and consulting skills
- Strong relationship management
- Leadership approach to problem solving/decision-making, both at strategic and tactical level.
Responsible for the development and performance of a Best in Class Supplier Network through effective supplier management, supplier performance, communication, financial and metric analysis. Partners with Account Buyers, Operations and Sales to drive network utilization, customer and client satisfaction in support of company goals and department strategies. In conjunction with Director, work to continuously develop and maintain an overall supplier strategy for manufacturing/vending machine categories.
- Meets specifics of customer orders in a timely manner.
- Keeps products separated, organized and in good rotation.
- Monitors product quality frequently, reporting problems to mitigate safety issues.
- Operates various pieces of equipment (i.e. Bendi, Palletizer, Dolly Loader, Pallet Wrapper, Forklift, and Electrical Pallet Jacks).
- Reports any mechanical problems.
- Utilizes continuous improvement mindset and assists in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follows good manufacturing practices and required work safe practices.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Having basic mathematical abilities
- Demonstrating verbal and written communication skills
- Being proficient in basic computer applications
- Being able to stand for long periods of time and lift heavy objects
The main skills required by a packer are a knowledge of how packing machines work and the ability to operate them. Also useful is the ability to carry out minor maintenance tasks. Packers need to have good manual skills and attention to detail. Team-work capabilities are also essential, as the job entails coordinating with the other workers involved in the production process.
GENERAL PURPOSE JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Complete purchase requests with domestic and international suppliers by inputting purchase orders, expediting deliveries, and verifying all transactions.
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement-related problems.
- Authorize payment for purchases by reviewing invoices and related documentation.
- Maintain accuracy of stock code information within the system, including lead-time, pricing, current supplier information, current purchase order data, etc.
- Monitor supplier performance by ensuring that product is delivered as scheduled and meets specifications; maintaining appropriate files and records of meetings with suppliers to ensure company requirements are met and that supplier is aware of their performance.
- Assist internal and external customers by interpreting laws, policies, codes, and regulations pertaining to purchasing; answer inquiries both orally and in writing concerning purchasing operations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other job-related tasks as needed; enabling other workers to achieve their job objectives
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Maintain services and office equipment by conferring with suppliers; monitoring and recording service agreements to ensure terms are met.
- Ensure system parameters are maintained by monitoring minimum, maximum, safety, and current inventory levels; making recommendations to management for adjustments to levels.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels consistent with targeted inventory goals and as set by management.
- Process non-conforming material requests and RMA requests with supply chain partners.
- Handle correspondence concerning over-shipments, delivery shortages, changes in quantity, delivery dates, and prices and report such changes to the interested parties in a timely manner as required.
- Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select the best source consistent with cost, quality, and delivery requirements. Negotiate and manage long term pricing agreements on critical commodities.
- The Senior Buyer provides parts, equipment, and materials by developing sources of supply and monitoring supplier performance; obtaining required parts, equipment and materials, verifying receipt of items, authorizing payment, and managing and controlling inventory.
Requirements: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of MRP processes
- Contract manufacturing experience beneficial.
- Working knowledge of the legal aspects of procurement and contract law.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain a positive company image and brand.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills. Proficient with MS Office Suite and other work-related software.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- A courteous and professional demeanor.
- Efficient organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to respond consistently with a high degree of initiative to resolve issues or complex problems that may arise.
- Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Knowledge of import freight movement.
- Work experience in an electronics manufacturing environment beneficial.
- BA or BS in Materials Management, Procurement, Business Administration, Operations Planning or a related field; MBA, CPM or APICS certification desirable. • 5+ years of related procurement experience including purchasing, inventory control, contract negotiation, supply management, supplier relationships, basics of Cost Accounting, and tracking budget expenses.
Please send letter of interest and resume to:
The Wittern Group
Human Resources – MSF
8040 University Blvd. Clive, Iowa 50325
We require a pre-employment physical and drug screen.