Build Your Career with The Wittern Group
At The Wittern Group, you will be working alongside top talent with exceptional learning opportunities as a part of one of Iowa’s premier companies. As a third generation, family-owned business, we believe our employees are a part of our extended Wittern family and value the diverse backgrounds, talents and perspectives of our employees.
At The Wittern Group, your new career will get the best of both worlds: an entrepreneur’s mindset plus reach and resources. Our collaborative culture and worldwide presence generate a stream of new opportunities to define the future and propel your life’s work. Bring your unique perspective. Bring curiosity. Bring ingenuity, and drive. We will give you a platform to be daring on a global scale.
From empowering mentorships to customized coaching, The Wittern Group provides you with support to help you develop your career. You will work with people from diverse backgrounds to solve important problems. Are you ready to grow?
Seeing people grow is one of the most rewarding things. I enjoy seeing our team members taking on more responsibility, setting their own goals and realizing what is important to them. This happens at The Wittern Group, every day.
Heidi Chico, CEO
Positions Available at The Wittern Group
Fawn Manufacturing is looking for Production employees to start immediately. All positions start at $10/hour until probation is completed where there is a potential of anywhere between $11 and $14!!!
Mig Welders – 1st and 2nd Shift
Press Operators- 1st and 2nd Shift
Assemblers – 1st Shift
Inspectors – 1st and 2nd Shift
Must be able to lift up to 50-75 lbs., physically able to stand for 8 hours. Bend, twist, grasp, have the ability to grip sheet metal, pick/pack or assemble parts. Must be punctual and have a good attendance record. Must be able to pass a basic skills test that includes reading measurements, adding, subtracting, and putting things in order. High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Apply by clicking on the link below:
A bilingual inside sales rep will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making dozen of calls per day, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales. Placing calls to non-English speaking prospective customers with international leads.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understand customers’ needs and requirements
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Close sales and achieve quarterly quotas
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory
- Team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals
- Bi-lingual (Fluent Spanish speaking required)
- Proven inside sales experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozen of calls per day
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- Experience working with CRM systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Job Type: Full-time
Farm Property Maintenance Position
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direction, leadership, mentoring and training to staff regarding properties and applicable maintenance of Wittern facilities, grounds and land.
- Ensure property maintenance of Wittern facilities, grounds, land and all service and maintenance related tasks are performed in a timely manner and within budget.
- Supervise property maintenance on all Wittern facilities, grounds and land.
- Manage grounds inspections and application/treatments programs.
- Develop budgets, estimates and oversee various projects from start to finish.
- Minimize downtime and maximize facilities and land management revenue.
- Ensure property and land management meet quality control guidelines and complies with local, state and federal health and safety regulations.
- Perform accurate tracking and reporting of maintenance work.
- Ensure customer and quality satisfaction of facilities, properties and land.
- Perform other duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Ensures confidentiality and professionalism is maintained when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of building and property codes, health and safety regulations. Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced and team-oriented environment. Must have excellent leadership skills, self-driven, highly motivated, communication, interpersonal, customer service, organizational and problem solving skills. Proficient in MS Office Suite to include: MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Must have a valid Driver’s license and Commercial Driver’s License. Chemical Application License required and ongoing continuing education as required.
Must be mechanically inclined and able to work independently and as part of team on projects.
Today the Wittern Group is comprised of multiple independent companies dedicated to serving many segments of the vending industry. The Wittern Group executive team has determined growth will be accomplished, in part, through new product development supporting both the traditional and non-traditional vending market segments. The Director Engineering will be an integral part of the Signicast senior team as it drives towards its’ long term growth and profitability objectives.
Scope and Responsibility
The Director, Engineering will provide leadership to the engineering team, developing and executing the organizational vision as it relates to delivering engineering services to external and internal customers.
The Director, Engineering needs to be an inspirational leader, adept at developing work structures that result in world class performance in the eyes of Wittern Group customers and employees. They must have a strong ability to connect, manage and mentor a continuously growing and evolving engineering team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Become an integral part of the executive team.
- Create a culture of success, goal attainment and OneTeam environment within the Engineering group.
- Partner with sales on all new product launch activities including customer and prospect development.
- Manage manufacturing processes and procedures to ensure internal and external quality standards are met.
- Maintain effective communication with executive leadership in regards to program and technical activities
- Manage the budgeting process to include recommending capital improvements and preparing justification data as required
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
- Prepare and issue management information reports on specific programs and projects relating to engineering systems, production engineering, and product design and development
- Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards
- Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures;
- Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
- Provide guidance to team members to ensure the appropriate engineering analysis is performed and documented
- Develop and build a high performing team by assessing team strengths and gaps, coaching and developing high-potentials and attracting additional talent to the team
- Provide management/leadership to technical staff including resource planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program success
- Lead the management of quality systems, specifications and quality interaction with customers
- Provide input, direction and partnership with R&D
- Help lead management of tooling, budgets and costs associated with manufacturing operations
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of eight years of engineering experience including at least three years of recent senior level engineering management responsibility. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in product development, digital communications, value stream management, strong customer orientation, a demonstrated track record of success in delivering results and ability to lead teams.
The successful candidate will have proven themselves and understand the cultural dynamics associated with the middle market.
A bachelor’s degree is required; master’s degree preferred
The successful candidate will possess and will have shown demonstration of the following personal traits:
- Exhibits a “servant leadership” approach to all facets of interaction including customers, management and direct reports.
- An inspirational leader and team-builder able to positively influence others around them, coach and develop current and future leaders to deliver results and to support leadership expansion.
- Possesses a healthy sense of urgency and is able to infuse this into the organization.
- Able to spot and capitalize on trends in the marketplace.
- Strong problem resolution skill at both the strategic and tactical level.
- Able to function on multiple planes, with a strong ability to put pieces together from numerous sources/data points.
- Able to easily “bungee jump” from strategy to tactical (roll-up sleeves when needed) and back up again.
- Sets a clear direction, establishes a business rhythm and measures results to ensure success.
- Drives culture of learning, continuous improvement and of best-in-class benchmarking and best practice sharing across the company.
- Strong business presentation skills. Effective interpersonal and written communication skills in an aggressive business environment.
The compensation package will be designed to attract the outstanding individual sought for this key position.
Travel will be required, periodically, to support the organization and customer activities.
Wittern Group offers an attractive benefit package, including medical, dental, life insurance, disability, 401(k) and vacation.
Relocation will be provided for the successful candidate.
Phone: (515) 271-8355
POSITION TITLE: Senior Software Engineer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director Electrical Engineering
The Senior Software Engineer will lead and drive all aspects of the server side of our web applications.
This person must be current with respect to back/front-end full stack development.
The Senior Software Engineer must have excellent programming skills and a passion for specifying/architecting/developing applications or improving existing ones.
This person will be a member of a high impact engineering team focused on ensuring system consistency and improving user experience.
The Senior Software engineer will specify, develop and maintain functional and stable web applications.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, specifying, coding and debugging.
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Review code for security vulnerabilities and embed/improve security threat modelling.
- Run website penetration tests with tools such as OWASP ZAP.
- Perform UI tests to optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications.
- Manage SQL Server databases from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Liaise with both internal and external developers.
- Work with engineering, sales and marketing to identify/specify new features
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, hear, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, push, pull, feel and grasp with hands and arms.
- The employee must exert up to 5 pounds of force occasionally and/or a light amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include concentrated attention, close vision, far vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to bring object into sharp focus.
Working Conditions: Working conditions commonly associated with the performance of the Functions of this job.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Education: BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Citizenship: Must be a Green Card holder or U.S. citizen.
- Minimum 5 years’ total experience in progressively responsible positions in the field of specialty.
- Proven work experience as a Back-end developer
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (Requirements specification, design, development and deployment)
- Hands on experience with programming languages like C, C++, .NET, C# and Python
- Working knowledge of Version Control (SVN and VSS)
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Experience working with other engineers to define constraints and requirements.
- Professional and organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization and externally (ie. customers, suppliers, auditors, etc.) through good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi task and manage a variety of assigned projects.
- Team building skills and the ability to foster an environment of cooperation and teamwork.
- Ability to effectively and appropriately delegate workload.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, direct the tasks of subordinates, and achieve objectives with minimal supervision.
- Propensity to listen and approach new ideas and challenges with an open mind and evaluate situations on the merit of fact and data.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids that may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
Computer, Microsoft Office Suite, Calculator, Telephone, Fax, Scanners, printers
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: None
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
"Commonly associated" is not intended to mean always or only. There are different experiences that suggest other
Account Representative Job Description:
The Account Placement/Customer Service Specialist reports to the Operations Manager, assisting the operations team with customer service inquiries, routine account placements and implementation of special vending programs. Position works with moderate oversight and direction with periodic follow-up to confirm task comprehension, work quality and answer questions.
Candidate should be a dependable, hardworking, service-oriented team player that is efficient, organized and tenacious with follow through. He/She should be a good communicator that is persuasive, firm and persistent. We are seeking an individual that pays attention to details and remains calm under pressure with multiple distractions present.
- Respond to client and vendor inquiries and document in customer database.
- Review sales reports to identify potentially malfunctioning machines and machines that need to be collected.
- Assist in sourcing and qualifying 3rd party service providers.
- Communicate with vendors & clients, documenting and following up with service issues and account placements.
- Communicate service escalations and irregularities with suggest corrective action.
- Maintain database integrity, assuring up-to-date & complete documentation of contacts, properties, machine information and task notes with minimal discrepancies.
- Assist with vendor compliance issues
- Client retention of 95% or greater
- Assure timely resolution and documentation of service calls and account transitions within the parameters established for each account
Post offer Physical and Drug screen required
The Customer Service Representative assists customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services. Process orders, prepare correspondences and fulfill customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years of experience in a Customer Service environment. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. The target is to ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction.
- Proven customer support experience
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening.
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer skills
- Positive attitude
- People oriented
- Open and maintain customer accounts by recording account information
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing results as needed
- Manage large amounts of incoming calls
- Identify and assess customers' needs to achieve satisfaction
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Meet personal/team sales targets and call handling expectations.
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits and follow up to ensure resolution
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Resolve customer issues via phone, email or mail
- Assist with placement of orders, refunds, or exchanges
- Place or cancel orders
Wittern Group is needing a highly skilled person to securely administer our hardware and software in our computer network. Network contains Windows servers, iSeries, VoiP phone system, cameras, desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, WiFi and more.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Must have hands-on skills working with: DNS, DHCP, WINS, VPN, IP protocolsports.
Review and implement adjustments, as needed, to improve efficiency and security.
- Specific software applications you will be managing and administrating:
- Configure and maintain servers and desktops.
- Configure a PC imaging solution.
- VDI or Terminal Server Experience.
- Configure and maintain equipment backups to our Unitrends hardware and cloud service. Manage other servers and desktops backed up on other devices like tape, etc.
- Microsoft Exchange.
- MiTelShoreTel VoIP phone system.
- Cisco Wi-Fi AP and controller settings
- Microsoft NTFS security
- Concur, AvaTax, Avalara, etc. communications services
- EDI communications services
- Microsoft SQL servers
Manage server, desktop, network, etc. hardware and software installed. Make upgradesupdates and repairs as neededapproved.
- Manage Maintenance and support contracts and contacts
- Manage software Licenses supporting what is installed on each device.
- Update and Maintain company policy regarding use of computer hardware and software.
- Procure approved software licenses’.
- Maintain application software licenses and usage: BPCS, Infor CRM, Asset, etc.
- Log software installed on pcsservers to assist in complying with software licenses usage regulations.
- Manage documentation supporting company equipment check out, by employees, for business use.
- MiTel phone system (VoIP, voice mail, contracted support services)
Users, Groups, routes, etc.
BrightMetrics Call Accounting
Protecting data, software, and hardware by managing network security. Review and recommend adjustments to improve security controls as needed documenting decisions, procedures, and policy:
- Firewall security in place.
- Manage switches, etc. in wiring closets
- Software used to scan for virus and malware on desktops and servers.
- Assess our organization’s network, computer systems, shared folders, Active Directory settings, NTFS, Cameras, virus and malware protection, log in scripts, etc.
- VPN and FTP processes and security for them.
The individual in this position will need to cross training with other MIS staff so when that person takes time off, key areas of that person’s position will be covered.
Special Courses or Training
- A+ Certification or working knowledge.
- Microsoft (MCSA) Windows Server 2016 or strong experience supporting Microsoft Operating systems.
- Cisco Training CCNA preferred
- Experience managing administrative functions in Microsoft Exchange and IIS Servers.
- Network Management
- Microsoft SQL Knowledge
- Personal Computer application experience using Microsoft Office Suite of software.
- MiTel or ShoreTel Administration
- Unitrends backup system experience.
- Virtual experience - Hyper-V, VMware, Scale
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Post offer physical and drug screen required
Please send letter of interest and resume to:
The Wittern Group
Human Resources – MSF
8040 University Blvd. Clive, Iowa 50325
We require a pre-employment physical and drug screen.